Donations, Childcare and Housekeeping

A tax credit (formerly known as rebates) for donations, childcare or housekeeper payments can be claimed using the IRD form IR 526 which is available from the IRD website Note there are conditions in place that limit the amount of tax credit (rebate) that can be claimed in each case, also if you’re an IR 3 filer and have not filed your IR3 return, the IRD will send you a letter asking for proof of income. This is because one of the restrictions in place on claiming tax credits is that the amount claimed cannot exceed one third of taxable income.

2012-04-01T09:00:45+00:00April 1st, 2012|Tax|