From 7th February 2017, the IRD has made filing and paying GST easier through the introduction of My GST online.
A new ‘My GST’ tab has been added to the myIR account – the IRD’s online service available to tax payers to manage their tax affairs.
My GST online provides the following features:
- File GST returns online using My GST
- Pay your GST at the same time as filing your return, without having to log out of your myIR account to make the payment
- Make GST payments by direct debit, or by using your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card
- Choose to receive email and/or text message reminders when your GST return and payment is due or late
- Request an amendment to an already-filed GST return
- Arrange GST instalment plans online, and in most cases receive immediate confirmation and approval
- Add file attachments online
If you have not already registered for the IRD’s online service ‘myIR’ account, you can do so using the following link: http://www.ird.govt.nz/online-services/ir-online-services-register.html.
It should be noted that, despite the introduction of My GST, GST returns can still be prepared manually and posted to the IRD.
More information on My GST, including video tutorials, is available on the IRD website.